Public notice is hereby given that the Council of the Rural Municipality of Meadow Lake No. 588 intends to adopt a bylaw under The Planning and Development Act, 2007 to amend Bylaw No. 10/18, known as the Zoning Bylaw.
The proposed bylaw amendment will:
• Remove the residential separation distance requirement for telecommunication facilities;
• Acknowledge the federal government requirements for the development of telecommunication facilities; and
• Add telecommunication facilities as a permitted use in all zoning districts.
The reason for the amendment is:
• To provide flexibility in the bylaw; and
• To facilitate the development of telecommunication facilities.
Any person may inspect the bylaw at the Rural Municipal Office, located at 203 Highway #4 Northwest, Meadow Lake, SK, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays. Copies of the proposed bylaw are available to individuals at the Rural Municipal Office at cost.
Council will hold a public hearing on February 10, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the Rural Municipal Board Room, 203 Highway #4 Northwest, Meadow Lake, to hear any person or group that wishes to comment on the proposed bylaw. Council will also consider written comments received at the hearing, or delivered to the undersigned at the municipal office before the hearing.